Sunday, January 11, 2009

what doesn't break you makes you stronger

i know it's a little late to come up with a new year resolution and i remember reading in the papers that new year resolutions are bad as it lowers your self confidence, or something like that.

well, it's good to set a goal right? at least you know which path you have to focus on, rather than straying away from it.

i was watching grey's anatomy earlier on and what caught me was the line spoken by meridith
" losing a competition doesn't mean that we can't roar". i find it very powerful, very deep. it seeps right through your soul. hahaha exaggerated:P

i'm so random tonight, i just feel like blabbing, penning down my current thoughts. btw, i'm almost dozing off right now. cooped up in my comforter, pillows around me.

approximately 4 more weeks till i go abroad. so scary yet exciting at the same time. i think i'm going to miss my mummy very much. there was once i was thinking how would i react in the airport and i couldn't help but to tear. boohoo:'(

i'll miss her cooking. her company. her nagging(haha this one, i'm not quite certain).

what will i do without mummy by my side??:( i do admit i'm quite pampered myself. I've never done any extreme chores besides washing the toilet. never done laundry , but i've been to one:P bwahahhaah omg the one in curve lah-.-

now i feel so guilty being mean to my mum. saying all the mean stuff to her. and replying rudely to her.

****
im feeling so ticked off right now. I just remembered what this male friend of mine told me. We were discussing about engineering course and I told him that this friend of mine is pursuing that as well. To my horror, he asked me
"female? sure cannot make it one"
I was thinking, a little too sexist isn't it?
I shot back at him and asked " what makes you think so"
He conveniently answered "girls can't do mechanical engineering, it's out of their league"

I was furious at that statement! Just because two out of ten girls can't do it, doesn't mean the whole female population can't.
Aren't you a little too full of yourself just cause you received the Dean's List. I know it's honourable and rare but modesty would help you through in life.

No comments: